Malabrigo Baby Silkpaca
Silkpaca is as soft as a cloud! This luscious lace is 70% baby alpaca and 30% silk. Silkpaca has a delicate, fluffy halo and a soft sheen. Combine this base with Malabrigo’s signature colorways and you get a yarn that is a delight to squeeze, work with, and wear!
Malabrigo Silkpaca is a fine lace wight yarn. It works up into beautiful lace, but it can also be worked up held with other yarns for a bigger gauge.
The best part about this wonderful yarn is the drape your project will have when you complete it. The alpaca gives the garment its drape, while the silk holds it in shape. Strength and softness, the perfect combination! It is our top choice for making lace shawls, scarfs, or any wearable you put around your neck or on your shoulders. Use it to knit, crochet, or weave. Whatever your project, you will love the fabric this yarn makes.
Like to felt? This yarn will felt is you wash it in the machine. I use it as design accents in felted handbags, hats, etc.
You can see patterns recommended for this yarn here on Ravelry.
You can see projects people have made with this yarn here on Ravelry.
- Fiber content: 70% baby alpaca, 30% mulberry silk
- Yarn weight: Lace
- Yardage: 420 yards / 384 meters
- Skein weight: 50 grams / 1.76 ounces
- Texture: 2 ply, slight halo
- Recommended needle size: US 3 - 8 / 3.25 - 5 mm
- Recommended hook size: US B-1 - E4 / 2.0 - 3.5 mm
- Care: Hand Wash, cold water, dry flat. This yarn will felt is you wash it in the machine.
Malabrigo is a family owned yarn company located in Uruguay and Peru. You can learn more about them here on their website.