Fyberspates Scrumptious absolutely lives up to its' name. The Merino and silk combo is an absolute dream to work with. It holds its shape and has some strength, drape and shine lent to it from the silk content. The yarn is a sport weight and knits and crochets up like a dream.
From sweaters to wraps and shawls, Scrumptious is a wonderful choice for projects requiring drape and shine, as well as strength.
From the Fyberspates Site about Scrumptious:
"A softly spun Merino wool and silk heavy 4ply with 365m/399yds per 100g. Silk creates a beautiful sheen and merino wool lends the yarn a heavenly softness. With a rich display of colours this yarn is luxury in a skein and a treat to knit. This yarn is made with super wash merino making it suitable to wash in the machine at 30 degrees.
Due to the soft twist and high silk content of this yarn we recommend using a 2.5mm (US 1.5) - 3.25mm (US 3) needle size, sizes above this can increase the chances of the yarn pilling.
- Content: 45% Silk, 55% superwash Merino Wool
- Recommended needle size: 2.5 - 3.25mm (US 1.5 - 3)
- Tension (gauge): 28 - 24.5 sts and 37 rows to 10cm (4") over stocking stitch
- Number of meters per skein: 365 meters (399 yards) per 100 gram skein
- Washing instructions: Machine wash at 30°C on wool cycle