Cascade 220 Superwash Merino
Cascade 220 Superwash Merino Yarn is soft, wonderful, and durable. It can be used in any project you can think of, from worsted weight slippers to an amazingly warm and soft hat. Need a yarn for a blanket or coat? This is the yarn for you.
Cascade 220 Superwash Merino Yarn is what we like to call a "workhorse" yarn. Workhorse yarns are ones that have a lower price point, can be washed and washed again, is super soft and comes in so many colors that you are bound to find one that you love.
It is wonderful to work with, and comes already wound and ready to go. If you don't have a project in mind, this is one of the best yarns to run to later in your stash. It is an all purpose project saver.
- Fiber Content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
- Weight: 100 g (3.5 oz)
- Approximate yardage: 220 yds (200 m)
- Knitting Needle Size: US 7 (4.5 mm)
- Knitting Gauge: 20 sts = 4" (10 cm)
- Crochet Hook Size: G - H (4.25 - 5.0 mm)
- Crochet Gauge: 13 - 16 scs = 4" (10 cm)
Store your masterpiece carefully; it may one day be a timeless family heirloom.
Tips for machine washing superwash wool yarns:
- Use plenty of water so the fabric rubs against itself as little as possible.
- Put your garment in a mesh laundry bag to help reduce unnecessary friction.
- Use soap that is appropriate for wool! Superwash wool has been treated to be able to withstand the washing machine, but not the chemicals found in many laundry detergents. We have wool safe soap for sale here.