Local Yarn Store Day 2023
Saturday, April 29, 2023, from 9am to 6pm (stop by any time during these hours)Where:
The Hook & Needle Nook, 1508 North Monroe Street, Spokane, WA 99208Who:
It is time for the annual LYS day! This is the 6th annual LYS Day. Join us for a day of fun and celebration of our community and fiber arts.Local Yarn Store Day was created by TNNA Yarn Group. The idea is to support small businesses that carry fiber art supplies and equipment. The event brings together a whole community of knitters, crocheters, spinners, weavers, and felting artists to celebrate their craft and share ideas with other like-minded fiber artists.Just for LYS Day:
- Receive a gift with your purchase.
- A raffle! You will get 1 ticket at the door, and another ticket for every $10 you spend. There will be 3 prizes given away.
- A special will be available on select kits.
LYS Day Demos:
- Free patterns!
- Hand dyed fingering weight yarns specially created for LYS Day.
- A special Spokane colorway by Nancy Olfs of Trilogy Yarns
- A special Lilac inspired colorway by Apple Fiber Studio
- Specials only available for LYS Day.
- Snacks and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Spindling at 1 pm by Esther
- Dry Felting at 2pm by Esther
- How to Fix Knitting Mistakes at 3pm by Kathy
- How to Crochet Ribbing at 4pm by Cynthia
Our brick-and-mortar shop is located at 1508 North Monroe Street in Spokane, WA. We are ready to roll out the red carpet for our fiber artists so be sure to come by and enjoy our little shop. We will be open 9AM to 6PM to make the most of the LYS day!
Check back for more fun to be added as we plan this event!